Something’s wrong with entrepreneurs
When I shared with my ex-boss that I am joining a start-up as part of the founding team member, he himself being an entrepreneur joked with me that ‘there must be something wrong with me for trying to build a new org’!
I see why already. There is no logical reason why anyone would
- Willingly work on weekends to tie up the loose ends from the weekdays
- Own up any and all parts of the work
- Care deeply about users as if our life depends on them (oh wait! it does indeed)
- Zoom in and out of ops+strategy constantly throughout the day
- Be constantly accessible to multiple users/external stakeholders (users, funders, knowledge/tech/marketing partners)
What burns anyone trying to build a startup in their area of interest is the deep attachment to the problem.
My problem: How can we make users stick to meditation as a lifestyle?